STATUS: Full Time / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Talent Manager
LOCATION: Corporate Office
HOURS: 37.50 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00
The Talent Coordinator is responsible for effectively sourcing and recruiting high quality talent for the organization, for non-exempt and exempt positions (grades 1 – 5). The Talent Coordinator must use sound judgement and balance the need to sustain excellence in talent, while also maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
Recruiting and Hiring:
• Investigate opportunities, source candidates, and develop relationships, as appropriate, with a variety of external recruiting sources in order to maintain high quality candidate pipeline in support of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment initiatives. External recruiting sources may include, but not be limited to: local colleges, employment agencies, professional networking groups, social media outlets, local community organizations, and organizations that serve veterans and disabled populations
• Create and post open positions internally and externally (as appropriate), utilizing a variety of resources to attract talent, including but not limited to: company website, job search websites, community partners, and social media
• Screen resumes and applications to identify qualified candidates and maintain a database of quality candidates for potential future openings
• Interview candidates to assess the qualities and competencies required in successful candidates and make recommendations to hiring managers
• Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure a smooth hiring process, as well as, conducts follow-up with managers/Talent Manager to assess the effectiveness of the recruiting process
• Prepare information needed to perform compensation review with the Talent Manager or the VP of HR/Member Relations and hiring manager to establish salary offers
• Make recommendations to and work closely with the Talent Manager to develop and implement recruiting strategies designed to increase candidate pool and focus on strategies that are most effective
• Maintain candidate activity in the applicant tracking system/database and use reporting, metrics, and analytics to improve recruiting efficiency and outcomes.
• Stay current with trends in recruiting and understanding the needs of the business
• Identify and arrange The Summit’s participation in recruiting events, as well as represent The Summit at colleges and local recruiting events, as well as increase community awareness of The Summit Federal Credit Union
• Lead the coordination of scheduling orientation and onboarding dates with the Human Resources and Training departments, as well as with hiring supervisors
• Assist with the creation and administration of new employee orientation programs and on-boarding process. Collaborate with members of the human resources department, the hiring manager, and training team to ensure an extraordinary employment experience for new hires.
• Follow-up with employees 15 and 60 days post hire to monitor engagement, employment experience, and their integration into the organization; use this feedback to continuously improve processes.
• Coach internal applicants, by helping prepare them for interviews during the screening process, as well as by providing feedback to prepare for future opportunities.
• Actively participate in helping HR leaders establish a recognizable Employer Brand and help The Summit develop a reputation as an “employer of choice.”
• Collaborate with Talent Manager to administer the Employee Recognition Programs, including, but not limited to: Priceless Deeds, GEM (Going the Extra Mile) Awards, Milestone Anniversaries, and Employee Retirements.
Compliance: Ensures staffing efforts are compliant with federal and state regulations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct background, reference, and credit report checks (as position requires), and review any red flag indicators with the Talent Manager or Vice President to determine those factors will pose a significant liability or risk to members, credit union regulations, and/or the organization, while also ensuring that results that are unrelated to the open position for are not factored into the hiring decision.
• Under general direction of Talent Manager, ensures hiring activities are aligned with the credit union’s values, as well as are in compliance with federal, local, and state regulations. This includes, but is not limited to: administering The Summit’s Affirmative Action Plan and fulfilling AAP-related reporting requirements, as well as other governing acts and regulations (EEO, ADA, DOL, NRLB, the S.A.F.E Act, etc…). This also includes reviewing and updating procedures for talent acquisition processes, as needed.
• Maintain records regarding Form I-9 compliance and E-Verify compliance.
• Ensures accurate and necessary information retrieved from employees is documented clearly and thoroughly into employee records.
• Preform all other duties as assigned.
*Note: The above information on this job has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Career Experience Description
Education/Experience: Applicants must possess the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration, or related field.
• A minimum of two years of recruiting experience.
• Previous experience utilizing the internet, databases, applicant tracking systems (ADP experience preferred), search engines and social media to source active and passive candidates is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Must have knowledge of employment laws.
• Solid understanding of position requirements.
• Adept at recognizing transferable skills and aligning skills to needs of position.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast-paced workplace.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods in an office setting.
• Must be able and willing to travel to appointments/interviews in and around the Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Seneca Falls areas.
Perform all responsibilities in a manner that serves The Summit’s Mission “We’re here to improve our members’ lives” and upholds the credit union’s values of Respect, High Standards, Inspire, Integrity, and Care.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
We expect our employees to follow all objectives for safe work performance and be responsible for their own actions and conduct.
The Summit Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Apply for this job online