This hands-on position will serve as the HR leader with ownership of Talent Management and Talent Development initiatives including leadership development programs and strategies that are aligned and supports the organization’s business strategy. This will include assessing the organization’s needs and the design, development and implementation of customized programs, processes and procedures while garnering the support needed to leverage resources to execute the plan. Additionally, the incumbent will successfully partner with key stakeholders to continuously challenge, improve, and refine talent related efforts ensuring the alignment of Human Resources and business strategies to develop and grow people. Lastly, the incumbent will be responsible in the identification and management of key talent to ensure the organization can meet workforce planning goals now and in the future.
• Design and implement a talent management strategy which will inspire and align employees with the business strategy and forthcoming objectives.
• Create a talent management program focused on mentoring initiatives, high performer retention, and learning strategies structured to create accelerate the development of a talent pipeline for critical roles.
• Lead efforts to reduce regrettable loss of identified key talent
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to build a comprehensive workforce plan that lowers the total cost of workforce and flattens out spans and layers of leadership to better achieve our goals.
• Collaborate to develop process and procedure and implement technologies that drive the company toward a more agile work environment.
• Consults with key stakeholders to make strategic talent management recommendations that align with evolving business needs and organizational goals.
• Serve as a change leader, facilitating and developing the skills that will embed change management principles.
• Identifies and develops high performing, high potential employees to establish a diverse pool of people leaders.
• Partners with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to strategize talent moves that will advance the mission and business objectives.
• Maintains records associated with various groups of key talent.
• Leads the implementation of performance management practices.
• Supports activities, programs, practices for internal branding, engagement, diversity and inclusion, and community service initiatives.
• Identified appropriate external training partners and manages vendor relationships, as needed.
• Create a comprehensive leadership development program focused on the growth, improvement, and retention of our organization’s leaders.
• Develop a training program for emerging leaders which will equip them with the tools needed to be effective leaders.
• Design an executive development program.
• Train and guide leaders in talent reviews and recalibration, as well as subsequent individual development/retention plans for their staff.
• Design, develop and deliver comprehensive operational training for newly hired employees and leaders that leads to decreased time to production for shared services hires.
• Manage compliance training offerings including developing and managing a tracking system.
• Manage and learn HR systems (ADP, Workday Talent, LMS) as needed to support Talent and Development activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 or more years of related experience, or military service, will be considered.
• HR Certifications preferred (SPHR, SHRM-SCP and/or CPTD)
• 5+ years of experience encompassing talent management, organizational development, leadership development, leadership development or related HR functions.
• Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of talent management, learning and development as well as leadership development training.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading teams and 5 years of direct management of staff
• Proficient with Talent Management systems (ADP Workforce Now, Workday, Percipio by Skillsoft – LMS) and MS Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Visio)
• Driven, self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects and multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated abilities to inspire and influence others as well as command respect and confidence across all levels of the organization
• Expert change management acumen with practical experience preferred
• Expert collaboration, communication and influential skills
• Strong written, listening and verbal skills to effectively communicate across multiple levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills to provide meaningful and actionable insights
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Emotional resilience and the ability to work in complex, sometimes ambiguous environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to travel up to ~25%
Work Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Intermittent walking to gain access to work areas
• Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities
• Vision sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities;
• Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person
• May be required to work alternate shifts
• Must have the ability to work around laboratories, manufacturing areas and equipment with exposure to blood, blood products or OPIM (other potentially infectious materials) while donning required personal protective materials.
Dendreon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The preceding job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required for company business needs from time to time.