Transportation Security Officers (TSO’s) perform a variety of duties to ensure the safety of the traveling public. As a TSO, you will be responsible for identifying dangerous objects in property and/or on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
• Operation of various screening equipment
• Conducting passenger pat-downs and property searches; lifting/carrying bags (up to 50 pounds), bins and property
• Continuously and effectively interact with the public giving directions and responding to inquiries providing the traveling public with the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
• Effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations; maintain focus and awareness within a stressful distracting environment
Required Skills / Experience:
• No prior security experience required; all required training is provided and compensated
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Must be proficient in the English language; ability to read, write, speak and comprehend
• Ability to operate security equipment at screening checkpoints
• Attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and established reliable work values
• Ability to successfully complete required classroom, on-the-job training and certification exams.
• Able to work irregular hours and/or shifts holidays and weekends
• Ability to retain knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and follow verbal and written instructions