As an active voice in the strategic decisions that guide the University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) toward achieving its mission, goals, and objectives, Human Resources (HR) will deliver services that encourage and support the success of the UKHC Enterprise and the members of its community. In continued support of UKHC, we are currently seeking an HR Compensation Director for UK HealthCare.
The HR Compensation Director will strategize and implement vision, mission, goals, and objectives for the UK HealthCare Enterprise Compensation Program emphasizing fairness, equality, and market competitiveness, within budgetary constraints. The Director will consult and effectively collaborate with UKHC senior executives and management to ensure the compensation strategy and initiatives support the organization’s business objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, policies, and regulations. The Director will provide strategic leadership for the department and direct reports while ensuring the highest standard in customer service excellence.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key leaders within UK HealthCare and its partnerships, with the goal of anticipating ways to advance business objectives through best practices and program/service delivery.
- Planning, organizing, and directing healthcare compensation programs and initiatives to promote compensation best practices.
- Monitoring trends, data, and patterns in the healthcare market to strategize and implement effective pay practices and initiatives.
- Providing senior leadership with timely and appropriate information to assist in strategic decision making while anticipating future needs, challenges, etc.
- Creating and developing compensation programs that allow UK HealthCare to recruit and retain top talent.
- Establish strategic direction, set goals and manage projects for the compensation consultants and specialists
- Developing staff through effective leadership, coaching and counseling.
Why Work for the University of Kentucky?
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for” three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes’ list of “America’s Best Employers.” UK HealthCare is the hospitals and clinics of the University of Kentucky. But it is so much more. It is more than 9,000 people – physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professionals – all dedicated to providing the most advanced, most effective care available, not just in Kentucky but anywhere. As an academic research institution, our physicians as well as pharmacists, nurses and other professionals are continuously pursuing the next generation of cures, treatments, protocols and policies. Their discoveries have the potential to change what’s medically possible within our lifetimes. At the same time, our educators and thought leaders in health policy and delivery are transforming the healthcare landscape in Kentucky to provide the right care in the right place for everyone in the state.
To apply for job # RE27455, submit an UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs
Quick Link to apply: https://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/327118
Deadline to apply: Thursday, 5/16/2021
For questions, contact University of Kentucky HR/Employment, phone (859) 257-9555 press 2.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and inclusion. Individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.