Provide vision and leadership for implementing and evaluating a fundraising plan for raising philanthropic support through annual giving, major donor and planned to give, and corporate and foundation support.
Establish and maintain relationships with key donor stakeholder groups, including individual and corporate donors. Ensures key relationships are strong, and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester (RMHCR) efforts are aligned and responsive to the family’s needs and priorities. Helps to build relationships between donors, the Board, President & CEO.
Develop strategic processes for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects for significant support that will ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for the RMHCR.
This individual reflects RMHCR’s mission and values not only in words but also in actions and integrates them into all development and communication initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based upon RMHCR’s strategic plan, the organization’s development efforts will define the annual fundraising direction, strategy, and tactics that will ensure increased and sustainable annual, philanthropic support along with ongoing analysis and evaluation of progress.
Maintain and manage a portfolio of 75-100 donors and prospects who will be cultivated, solicited, and stewarded for a three-part giving strategy with consideration, as appropriate, for annual, major, and/or planned to give.
Coordinate the significant contacts of the top donors with the President & CEO to ensure appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Provide input to prospect research and effective strategies for the management of key donors and prospects.
Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of an Annual Giving Program, Planned Giving Program, Sponsorship Initiatives, and related fundraising vehicles.
With support from the outsourced Grant and Database Coordinator assist in grant activity including research, discovery, proposal submission, and reporting requirements.
Active participant on the organization’s Leadership team, ensuring strong communication and understanding of RMHCR’s strategic and development plan, needs, and priorities.
With direction from the outsourced Grant and Database Coordinator, provide oversight of the database that ensures accuracy in gift processing and data entry, while identifying reports for measuring effectiveness in fundraising strategies.
With the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, manage RMHCR donor communications across a wide range of communication platforms, including oral, printed, and digital media.
Responsible for the oversight and management of monthly development content for the President & CEO, including appropriate fundraising reports.
Effectively manage the Development team
Provide leadership and support of the Board and Development Committee, setting agendas for respective meetings and supporting its members.
Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, donors, prospects, and the community at large – promoting the mission and vision of RMHCR.
Represent the organization at public events as appropriate, including those involving third-party fundraising and marketing.
Participate in the organization’s plan for engagement and recruitment of volunteers for key events and fundraising opportunities.
Other duties may be assigned.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least five years of direct experience in non-profit fundraising
• Knowledge of and successful experience with implementing fundraising principles, strategies, practices, and techniques
• Knowledge of the individual and institutional funding community
• Record of success in developing and sustaining productive working relationships with constituents including board members, donors, volunteers, and staff
• Superior management, organization, and communication skills, both written and verbal; professional presentation skills
• Ability to think strategically about the needs of RMHC and the interests of prospective funders/donors
• Strong skills in Donor Perfect database and Microsoft Office; analytic thinking
• Demonstrated ability to work at a fast pace and manage multiple projects simultaneously; flexibility, persistence, attention to detail
• Friendly, accessible personality; a sense of humor
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
• Passionate interest in RMHCR’s mission and programs
• Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license required
• CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) a plus