Reliant headquarters are located at 10 Benton Place, Sodus, New York. The position will allow for some remote work flexibility; however, an in-person presence at our headquarters is expected. The position will require occasional travel to all of our branches (service area includes – Monroe, Ontario, and Wayne counties).
Schedule: Monday – Friday. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
Reliant Credit union, ranked one of Rochester’s top mid-sized companies four years in a row, seeks a Vice President of Human Resources to join our team.
This new role is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall performance plan and strategic direction of the Credit Union, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, training and development, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee engagement, and succession planning. Provides significant input into the development of human resource related policy. Develops and implements strategy to attract and retain a diverse and engaged workforce. Leads credit union-wide diversity initiatives. Ensures compliance with all labor laws. Serves as the credit union’s lead compensation and benefits strategist. Partners with employees and management to understand and address personnel related interests and needs. Serves on the Senior Management team to drive organizational results. Represents the Credit Union to external agencies and organizations.
Believes in and exemplifies the Credit Union’s mission statement and culture. Demonstrates respect for and maintains the respect of all Credit Union stakeholders. Fosters and advocates for a diverse and inclusive work environment. Inspires others to follow the Credit Union’s vision for the future.
Reliant’s benefits package includes:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid leave time allowances
- Employee life insurance
- Access to our medical, dental, and vision plans
As a VP of Human Resources at Reliant, you will:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define the credit union’s long-term goals and develop the annual performance plan.
- Develop and implement comprehensive talent acquisition and retention plans to meet the personnel needs of strategic goals.
- Identify, recommend, and implement compensation strategies to achieve workforce goals.
- Develop, recommend, and implement comprehensive benefit plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Lead organizational efforts to maintain an engaged workforce, identifying opportunity and taking action where needed to improve engagement.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities for our VP of Human Resources position:
Knowledge & understanding of:
- Employment-related laws and regulations
- Talent development strategies and best practices
- Human resource information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information to groups of various size and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with ability to motivate and influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills ability to lead people and obtain results through others.
- Lead people and obtain results through others
- Work independently while supporting a team effort
Minimum Training & Experience for the VP of Human Resources Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree beneficial.
- At least 10 years of progressively more responsible human resource management experience required, including strategic, talent management leadership experience.
- Specific work experience with compensation and benefits planning, talent acquisition and development, and diversity initiatives.
- SHRM-CP or PHR required; SHRM-SCP or SPHR preferred.
Physical Requirements include the ability to:
- Use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other standard office equipment.
- Communicate effectively in person and via telephone, email, and written documents.
- Decipher and analyze data in documents, reports, spreadsheets, etc., presented both on paper and electronically.
- Drive within the credit union’s service area with a valid NY State driver’s license.
- Work occasional early mornings; late evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at email@example.com.Apply for this job online