The WNY NHRA is excited to announce our November Virtual Event!
Hot Employment Law Issues for 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
We will hear from Daniel Forsyth, Esq. on the following hot topics in employment law to finish out 2020 strong and prepare for 2021:
- Changes in employee benefits for 2021:
- N.Y. Paid Family Leave Law
- N.Y. Minimum Wage Law
- fast food workers
- all other workers
- The new N.Y. Paid Sick Leave Law
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s recent Bulletin (8/24/20) on tracking hours for work-from-home employees
- The EEOC’s guidance on COVID-19 issues relating to disability discrimination
- Downsizing the workforce:
- temporary layoffs
- permanent layoffs
- selecting affected workers
- legal risks
- preventative steps
- Unemployment Insurance Law update
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Daniel Forsyth is a labor and employment law partner with Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC.
He represents employers in National Labor Relations Board proceedings, including unfair labor practice charges, union organizing campaigns, as well as in traditional labor arbitration, collective bargaining, jurisdictional disputes, strikes, picketing, and injunction proceedings. Mr. Forsyth regularly appears before various federal and state agencies, including the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division, OSHA, NYS Division of Human Rights, NYS Department of Labor, and NYS Workers’ Compensation Board. He practices at all levels of state and federal courts in litigation involving employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants, motions to stay/vacate arbitration, duty of fair representation, and injunctions.
Mr. Forsyth advises clients on all areas of federal and New York labor and employment law and has been recently recognized for:
- Best Lawyers’ 2016 Buffalo: Litigation – Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2015 Buffalo: Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Buffalo: Employment Law – Management Lawyer of the Year
This program has been pre- approved for recertification credit hours toward recertification through the HR Certification Institute and the Society of Human Resources Management.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!