- Setting the stage – a brief history of this thing called “affirmative action”
- Addressing the historical baggage associated with affirmative action
- Evolution of the DEI movement o Mid 1980s – today
- Affirmative Action Programs circa 2020 and beyond
- The metrics contained in today’s affirmative action programs
- Affirmative Action + DEI = Moving beyond “Diversity of Thought” to achieving Diversity through strategic Action
- Top 10 DEI concerns and how affirmative action metrics address them
Speaker Bio: Teresa Turner, MBA, Synchronized Resources, Inc.
Teresa Turner, Founder and Lead Consultant for Synchronized Resources Inc., specializes in equal employment opportunity/affirmative action program administration. During her 30+ year career, she has assisted many well-known Fortune 500 companies in developing and implementing EEO/AA programs designed to align compliance functions with the core values of the organization. An energetic and engaging speaker, Ms. Turner’s strategic perspective on how to administer compliance programs that maximize the overall return on the compliance investment is well received by the audiences she addresses.
Ms. Turner earned her MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management from Webster University, St. Louis, MO; an undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources from Lindenwood College, St. Charles, MO, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude; and her Associate Degree in Management and Supervisory Development from the St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley. She is a member of the St. Louis’ Industry Liaison Group (ILG), the Diversity Awareness Partnership (DAP) the National Industry Liaison Group (NILG), the St. Louis SHRM, the Lewis and Clark SHRM, and is a graduate of the National Conference for Community and Justice’s (NCCJ) Dismantling Racism Institute.
HRCI and SHRM Credits currently pending.
Thank you to our Sponsors: