Orange County, CAAnnual Legal Update with Rutan & Tucker
|SAVE THE DATE
California continues to be one of the most challenging states in the country for employers seeking employment law compliance.
During our annual Legal Update, Partners Maria Stearns and Brandon Sylvia of Rutan & Tucker, LLP will:
· Discuss significant cases from 2019 and their anticipated impact on employers;
· Summarize new employment laws for 2020; and
· Identify the top compliance risks for 2020 and ways to proactively manage them.
As an employment law partner at Orange County’s largest law firm, Maria is sought after by clients for her unique approach to representing employers in all areas of employment. Maria’s practice includes defense of wage and hour class actions and traditional employment litigation, management training, development of personnel policies and other transactional documents, and day-to-day advice and counseling.
Maria has received several notable honors for her unorthodox yet highly effective and efficient approach to representing employers, including selection to the Daily Journal’s exclusive list of Top Women Lawyers for the last six years and its list of Top Employment Lawyers. Maria is a frequent public speaker, including an annual presentation to the Association of Corporate Counsel in Los Angeles and Orange County and several large human resources organizations.
Brandon Sylvia is a partner in the Employment Law department of Rutan & Tucker, LLP, Orange County’s oldest full-service law firm. Brandon specializes in defending litigation and counseling employers touching on a broad range of employment law topics, including harassment, workplace discrimination, terminations, employment agreements, leaves of absence, wage and hour issues, trade secrets, unfair competition, accommodating disabilities, and employment policies and procedures. Brandon is known for dispensing practical advice for managing personnel issues, and for his efficient and calculated approach to driving litigation towards the client’s desired result. Brandon has represented employers in various civil litigation matters – including appellate proceedings before the California Courts of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals – and before state administrative agencies. In addition, Brandon is a frequent presenter on employment topics, including for such groups as the National Human Resources Association, the Professionals in Human Resources Association, and the Association of Corporate Counsel. Brandon has been named as a Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” every year since 2014.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.