St. Louis, MOConducting Work Place Investigations - Avoiding Common Mistakes
Objectives and Competencies:
Attendees will learn
- the requirements for a prompt and thorough investigation
- how to select an investigator
- limits of confidentiality
- need for impartiality
- determination of the scope of the investigation
- role of the investigator
- gathering and assessing information
- how and when to prepare a report
- protecting against retaliation
- EEOC guidance on investigations
- appropriate remedial action
- info regarding attorney-client privilege
Ann B. Plunkett Esq., WorkPlace Partners, Inc.
Ann has over thirty years of legal and human resources experience as corporate counsel, employment counsel and human resources executive in various corporate settings.
After two years in private law practice, she served as Assistant Counsel for T. G. & Y. Stores Company, a national discount retailer based in Oklahoma City, OK. In 1985 Ann relocated to St. Louis to join The May Department Stores Company. As Senior Counsel at May, she specialized in employment law, handling a broad scope of legal and human resources matters for May’s numerous divisions through the country. Ann also gained hands-on human resources management experience at May, directing the store human resources function in an operating division.
At Fox Photo, Inc., a photo/imaging subsidiary of Eastman Kodak, Ann combined her legal background with her human resources expertise, serving as General Counsel and Vice President of Human Resources. In addition to managing all legal business issues internally for the 435 stores in 26 states, she directed the human resource functions including compensation, benefits, HR information systems, employee relations and federal and state compliance.
In 1998, Ann founded the full-service human resources consulting firm, WorkPlace Partners, Inc., which serves a myriad of companies in the St. Louis area and around the country. Clients include a number of industries and all sizes of businesses, from start-up companies to large well-established enterprises and non-profit organizations. Ann serves as an expert witness in employment litigation around the country and is a frequent guest speaker on various employment related topics.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.