Silicon ValleyHow We Move the Needle on D&I Using Agile Development
Join Joseph Militello, Pivotal Software SVP and Chief People Officer as we discuss for to move the needle on D&I using Agile Development!
D&I is a critically important topic being discussed at all levels of an organization. Yet many organizations struggle to make meaningful progress by following a Build, Measure, Learn framework. It’s critical that People Organizations be equipped to help their organizations fully internalize what’s necessary to develop and execute an effective strategy. Pivotal Chief People Officer Joe Militello will talk about how any size organization can move the needle on diversity and inclusion (D&I) using Agile Development Methodologies. Joe will show several examples that illustrate how any organization can experiment with an idea or approach, garner feedback, and quickly iterate on those learnings in order to accelerate the business outcomes they’re trying to achieve.
- Apply Build, Measure, Learn to your D&I strategy
- Leaders and HR Professionals to recognize how to meet each employee where they are on their own D&I learning journey
- Learn the importance of celebrating the “wins”
Joseph Militello Pivotal Software SVP and Chief People Officer
Joe Militello brings more than 20 years of management experience in both private and public companies, and a track record of leading and coaching teams to execute on strategic business initiatives.
Joe has consistently helped some of the world’s most recognized, complex, and high-growth technology companies scale, build productive teams and reach their market potential.
Joe Militello brings more than 20 years of management experience helping some of the world’s most recognized, complex, and high-growth public and private technology companies scale, build productive teams and reach their market potential.
Joe currently serves as Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer for Pivotal, where he leads the worldwide People organization, and is responsible for Total Rewards, People Operations, Recruiting, Diversity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, and Internal Transformation. He is the primary liaison to the Compensation Committee on all executive compensation and equity programs. Joe also advises Pivotal’s most strategic customers on transforming their own cultures.
Prior to joining Pivotal, Joe held various senior leadership roles in M&A, Recruiting, and HR Operations.
Before his career in Human Resources, Joe served as a Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, where he was responsible for ensuring combat readiness for a unit of 1,100 Marines.
Joe earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance from Fairfield University and a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), and Master’s in Finance from Boston College.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.