Silicon ValleySpeaking Up to Make a Difference
Join Barbie Brewer, Chief People Officer at Marqueta Inc. as we discuss speaking up to make a difference.
As we become more global, inclusion becomes even more important. We can’t assume that we all have the same foundation in regard to diversity and inclusion. Speaking when necessary, and in a productive way, can make the difference in building a culture in which everyone feels they belong. Seeking to understand intent and helping others realize their impact can make a meaningful difference at your company and shouldn’t stop at HR.
– Building a desire to empower your organization to part of the solution to inclusion
– Accepting that we all make mistakes. Some of the mistakes are better coached than “judged”.
– Reminding people that Diversity drives a much greater need to focus on Inclusion and Belonging
– Inspiring everyone in the room to make a positive difference
About Barbie Brewer
As the Chief People Officer, Barbie Brewer leads the performance and organizational effectiveness at Marqeta Inc. Barbie’s differentiated approach to talent has fostered a culture of engagement, agility, and innovation, enabling Marqeta to rapidly scale and deliver on its vision. Barbie has over 20 years of experience across the globe, leading organizational transformations.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.