Senior Director, Human Resources, Valve Network
One Edwards Way
Irvine, CA 92614
Irvine, CA 92614
This position provides focused support across the Global Valve Manufacturing Network for the Global Supply Chain and Quality organizations.This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the VPs leading these critical areas and their respective leadership teams. The Senior Director, HR will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues, as well as a catalyst in delivering HR solutions to support the specific needs of the business groups and overall business objectives. The successful candidate will be comfortable understanding the business and business priorities and translating into longer term HR strategies as well as day to day HR operational priorities. The individual will have responsibility for client groups and direct reports (HR Director/Senior Managers and their respective teams) in multiple geographic locations (Irvine, Singapore and Costa Rica). This individual will also be a key member of the GSC and Ops leadership teams and work closely with internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business. The position will be located in the Irvine, CA campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision, leadership and development to HR teams: Irvine, Singapore and Costa Rica.
- Proactively maintains an open line of communication with Management and Employees.
- Must proactively assess and diagnose organizational issues in partnership with Management while providing consultative support to management and HR staff in the areas of:
- Organizational Transformation
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Organizational Design and Development
- Cultural assessment and strategy
- Talent management and development
- Succession planning
- Change Advocacy and Management
- Employee relations
- Workforce effectiveness
- Employee engagement
- Compensation management
- Workplace safety
- Manager effectiveness and development
- Proactively develops HR Solutions in response to business strategies and issues.
- Acts as a liaison or partners with corporate HR Specialist groups to access, develop and deliver integrated solutions that align to the global business strategy.
- Interacts with key matrix HR partners (domestically and internationally) to ensure that there is continuity and appropriate leverage of HR strategy in support of HVT Operations network globally.
- Understands the business and its goals & objectives.
- Creates, implements and/or manages HR programs and services that are aligned with corporate culture, operating model, and corporate HR and business strategies.
- May lead or support other initiatives for HR or Business Unit as assigned.
- May coordinate the HR aspects of merger and acquisition activities, functional consolidations, or other large HR initiatives for the assigned business groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field plus a minimum of 15 years progressively more related experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Very strong working knowledge and business acumen of Operations at Plant level and within Corporate in a regulated environment.
- Proven ability to have a hands-on approach while maintaining a strategic mindset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly, creatively and work in an unstructured and dynamic environment.
- Must desire a high level of autonomy to manage and navigate multiple ongoing issues and complex employee relations matters with minimum supervision and with excellent execution.
- Should be assertive and possess strong influencing and influencing skills honed in a demanding and high performing work environment.
- Effective coordination and collaboration skills with a track record of establishing a positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization.
- Strong presentation skills and highly developed active listening skills.
- Ability to construct and articulate business case for change.
- Patience and highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written, in person and by telephone, with all levels of management and both current and prospective employees.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular business hours is required to ensure business needs are met.
- Ability to travel approximately 35-50%: domestic and international travel.
- Masters Degree and/or Professional Human Resources designation, such as PHR,SPHR or GPHR .
- Global experience working across diverse cultures and various geographies with local legislation and employee relations, ideally experience with Swiss and/or Singaporean labor laws and employee relations.
- Organizational development and change management experience.
- Previous experience in Medical Device Manufacturing.
- Multi-site experience supporting at least 4000+ employees and diverse organizations.
- Multi-layer management experience.
Oct 9, 2017
Nov 8, 2017
Please apply online at: [[https://edwards.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=012088&lang=en]]