Orange County, CACoaching for Leaders - Why Managing No Longer Works
Every manager has employees who need coaching, but most managers have not had the opportunity to develop these skills. This professional development workshop features reflection on models that will help you understand why the managing model no longer works to keep employees engaged. This workshop will give leaders of all levels the tools to understand the roles managers play. Most importantly, you will develop your own mindset so you can coach the people you lead.
- Describe the SCARF Model and how to apply it
- Understand the steps to listen for potential
- Explain the 4 Faces of Insight – Awareness, Reflection, Insight, Action
- Understand the role Emotional Intelligence plays in talent development
- Demonstrate the 7 best questions to ask when coaching as a leader
Attend Aug and Sept and get a discount
Member $50 ea or $80 both
Non Member $60 ea or $100 both
DATE: Tuesday, August 20th
TIME: 8:00-10:30 a.m.
Irvine Campus: Room 111
16355 Laguna Canyon Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Mike is an Executive Coach, Consultant and Organizational Development expert whose clients include Fortune 50 to 1000 companies, non-profit organizations, entrepreneurs, small to mid-range companies and startups. Prior to beginning his coaching career in 2000 and in recent years, Mike has served in executive and C-level roles in a wide range of industries including food & beverage, financial services, media, manufacturing, real estate and technology.
As a consultant, executive coach, author, speaker and professor, Mike utilizes his vast knowledge in strategy and human behavior to improve individual, team and organizational performance with students and clients. Mike’s area of expertise is in developing executives and leadership teams utilizing Strategic Consultative Coaching.
Well versed and certified in DISC, EQi, and Motivators, Mike also uses Gallup, Kolbe, Hogan, MBTI, Presci, ADKAR, AIM, 360’s and other assessment tools and methodologies. Mike’s focus is on organizational behavior, development, management and leadership. He is an expert on competitive strategy and strategic thinking, as well as organizational culture and change management.
Mike’s undergraduate degree is in Organizational Management from the University of La Verne. He has also earned an MBA from Pepperdine University’s George L. Graziadio School of Business & Management in Presidents and Key Executive Studies, as well as certificates from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business in Negotiations Strategy, Fiduciary Management from California State University Fullerton, Culture-Driven Team Building from the University of Pennsylvania, Coaching Skills for Managers from the University of California Davis, Inspired Leadership from Case Western University, Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life from the University of Chicago and spent a semester in Seville, Spain at the University of Sevilla studying Spanish and International Business.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.