Western NYDiversity for Dummies: A College Kid's Approach to Workplace Diversity
Legal requirements, the chance for a competitive advantage, and a desire for true human connection all drive an employer’s pursuit for diversity and inclusivity, but where should you start? This interactive session will bring a new, modern perspective to the way you think about diversity while providing you with the skills necessary to incorporate inclusion in your company
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know what diversity is and understand its many facets
- Understand the importance of safe and inclusive spaces in the workplace
- Learn how to create and promote safe and inclusive environments to Acquire hands-on skills for solving diversity-related problems in a variety of work environments
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
This program has been submitted to SHRM for review.
From walking around in a body that doesn’t feel quite right to depending on a four-legged friend to get through life, Kayden Maclay has overcome his fair share of adversities in 22 short years. With the help of humor and a little humility, Kayden uses personal anecdotes to connect and engage with his audience, bringing a fresh approach to an important topic.
Kayden is currently a senior Kent State student studying Business Management and Communications. He has delivered trainings for the Erie County Medical Center, the UB Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and the Kent State University Undergraduate Nursing Program, among others.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.