NationalThe Hidden Cost of Grief & Trauma on Your Business
Program description: The Grief Index study measured the financial impact of grief on U.S. businesses at more than 100 billion dollars in lost productivity annually. According to the American Hospice Foundation, at any given time, 25 percent of the workforce is grieving a loss.
The major causes of employee grief are the death of a loved one, divorce, family crisis, financial loss, death of extended family or friends, major lifestyle alteration, loss of a pet, infertility, miscarriage, estranged relationships and many more. This workshop will equip you to recognize the problem and provide solutions to improve employee emotional health impacting their productivity and satisfaction and the overall wellness of the company.
Key Takeaways (3-4) participants will gain from your presentation:
– Learn how to recognize the symptoms and impact of grief in your workplace
– Learn strategies for shifting practices in the workplace
– Preparing for someone to return to work, equipping fellow employees to recognize and support grieving coworkers, learning what realistic expectations are for a grieving employee, creating a grief informed culture in the workplace
– Gain tools and resources to equip you to more effectively provide support to your employees facing grief
Anne-Marie Lockmyer is an advanced certified grief recovery specialist, certified in critical incident stress debriefing, a certified trauma-integrative practitioner, the award-winning author of the best-selling book, When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to Truly Helping Anyone in Grief, and the founder of the Grief and Trauma Healing Network.
As a widow herself, Anne-Marie knows the pain and devastation that grief and loss can wreck on a survivor. She serves as an educational catalyst to bring hope and healing to the grieving through grief recovery programs, conference and retreat speaking and consulting.
Gain unlimited access to everythingAs a member you will gain unlimited access all content, including events, news, career openings and member search. Become a Member
FREEUpgrade at any time
Join the community of the National Human Resources Association. This will allow you to receive information about events, professional development and career openings.
- Unlimited access to events, news, and career openings.*
$4 / per month$50.00 Billed Annually
A student membership is for a person who is currently enrolled in a college or university. Students will be required to present valid proof of enrollment (current student id, transcript or other valid document) prior to approval of membership.
- Discounted member rates at events and professional development programs.
- HRCI Benefit - 3 re-certification credit hours per year and a $25.00 discount off the exam fee.
- Think HR Workplace Pro which includes a team of experts to answer questions 24/7.
- Take advantage of high impact professional development opportunities.
- Begin to build your network in a community of professionals and subject matter experts.
$9 / per month$110 Billed Annually
An individual membership is owned by the member.
- 5 free posting per year for your organization, access HR positions across the US.
- Training & Development - through our training partnerships we offer a wide range of training and development events held around the country.
- Networking Opportunities - Network with HR professionals in you geographical area or other areas around the country.
- Join the premier national community of HR Leaders and Professionals.
$25 / per month$300 Billed Annually
A corporate membership is owned by a company, not the individual. The company can choose to include up to three employees on the NHRA account and will receive up to three discounted registration rates per meeting or event.
- Up to three employees receive the discounted member rate at all events and professional development opportunities.